Friday, July 11, 2008

Day Three-Franenmuth and Boyne Falls

We had a very relaxing day on Tuesday. We woke up and headed to an Italian Grocery store. They have the best bakery and I would be SO fat if we had one in Memphis. I got some awesome cookies and a bagel. Kingston talked Mimi into getting him some muffins.




We headed out after breakfast to Frankenmuth,MI. They have the largest Christmas store in the US. This place was HUGE. I was so wishing I had a wheelchair by the time we left! Kingston decided he needed to be baby Jesus in the nativity scene outside!



We then went to a German resturant for lunch and then to make pretzels. Kingston, the chef, loved the making of pretzels! We had to wear hair nets though, so the pictures will be very funny when I get them on!! Kingston also got to make a Monster Cookie. (They will make cute cookies at Halloween!)




From Frankenmuth we headed to the resort to get our room! Of course everyone was laughing at me because I had to make a few restroom stops along the way!! On a side note, the North is Pepsi country! I so miss my Coke! Fortunately we found a 12 pack of CHERRY COKE in TN on sale for $2.50 that we brought with us!

At the resort Kingston has his own "room"! It's a closet, but it helps me keep my sanity!

1 comment:

Spellings Fam said...

Great stories! Look forward to the pictures. Glad you are back (or almost back.)

Contributors