Friday, July 11, 2008

Day Two-Car trip



Day two found us riding in the car for 10 hours. It wasn't really as bad as it sounds. Kingston was very thrilled to know that he could watch DVDs for most of the day! Lucky for us he has grown a little from last year. He managed to watch multiple movies instead of the same one over and over. Let's just say the Winnie the Pooh video from last year's trip will never be the same! We taught my 15 year old cousin how to play the ABC game while we were going through Cinncinati. We have a very competitive bunch in the car, but I managed to win! (Mainly because I was sitting in the front seat and NOT driving!) The funniest part of the ride was when Kingston announced he HAD to go to the potty. We asked him if he could wait for a gas station, of course he couldn't. Luckily, we came upon a rest stop right after he told us. I knew he wouldn't make it into the restroom, so I took him to go behind the trees! My mother was appalled! But there were no accidents, so life was good! We made it to my uncle's house around 8 pm (Michigan time). He was made roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans! I was in heaven! Little did he know that is one of my favorite meals. I'll confess that I actually ate TWO platefuls!!!

No comments:

Contributors